Wednesday, May 20, 2009
I'm finally at TR's place!! It's so great to finally be here and see him and hold him!
I finished my Middle East exam on Monday (easy!!) and then had my sister come and help pack the rest of my dorm and get out. When I got home, I decompressed then went with my sister to visit my best friend and get some coffee. I tried to get most of my packing done for my trip but I had to stop because I was waking up my parents.
So yesterday morning I finished packing, did a drive to get some coffee and donuts with my sis and then got in the taxi and headed to the airport.
Now, I'm usually really good with going to the airport and all their procedures. I've seriously been flying since before I was one. But I guess all the excitement and anxiety of finding where to go put my head in limbo.
I forgot to take my laptop out of my check-in suitcase (never traveled with it before), so they had to recheck my luggage, but the guy was really nice about it. I then sat at the wrong gate for like 5 minutes until I figured it out and had to walk a ways to my actual gate. Weirdly enough, my gate was right next to the one I used to go see TR the first time after he left.
So my first plane was crazy cramped, but the guy sitting next to me had it worse because he was 6'4" and looked really uncomfortable. I was wearing the West Point t-shirt TR gave me for Valentine's Day and when he saw it we began talking. It turns out that he has a friend whose son is going to West Point now and his Father-in-Law also served in the Army. Crazy! His Father-in-Law served in WWII and Korea and a little of Vietnam, but got out right after his helicopter got shot down.
The second flight wasn't as bad, and just as I was getting my luggage, TR came and gave me a big kiss!
When we got my stuff in the car, TR gave me a present. A bluetooth headset for my phone! He's been raving about the one he got and he then got me one too because we talk on the phone so much and it's easier for us to talk to one another and also get other things done, like laundry or fixing dinner.
We ate at Applebee's and then did some shopping and when we finally got home, I crashed and fell asleep. Two days of packing and traveling can really take a lot out of you.
So now I'm just relaxing. Well... I had to clean up his house a little first. He told me it was a little messy, but omg... To get to the point, he's needs to develop an organization system for his papers and learn to put things back where he got them from. So I cleaned his dining room (papers ALL over the table and floor) and his kitchen (same with the counter top). There was also books and change and tools all over the place so I grouped them together and placed them on the stairs. We're going to build one of his bookcases tonight so then we can move those books and the books from upstairs to there. I also want to finish building the couch. The last piece needs two people to put together and after that we can sit next to each other and watch the movies I brought!
Before I left, I bought Taps and The Lords of Discipline. They are both set at service academies and I thought it would be funny to watch them since he went to West Point and all. Taps looks really good with Tom Cruise, Sean Penn, and George Scott, but I don't really know anything about the other one. Should be fun!
I also brought Moulin Rouge. The verdict is still out on whether he will actually sit down and watch it with me. I really love this movie, especially the soundtrack. I would have brought others, but I couldn't find my DVDs that I set home a few weeks ago. TR has a lot of movies and when I see him again in July I can bring others. Hopefully we'll see also Star Trek this weekend too.
Tonight we're going to do some grocery shopping and then I can make some pasta for dinner. He's going to need the carbs for tomorrow. His entire brigade is going on a 4 mile run tomorrow, and I get to come and watch! But, I have to be out the door by 5:15! I'm still excited to go though and see everyone. And take tons of photos!

0 comments:
Post a Comment