Sunday, May 3, 2009
So I've had another exhausting weekend and a full week of work to look forward too.
I went to my end of the year fencing banquet last night and I had a fun time. People got awards for their work and there was good food and music. I ran into one of my good friends who was attending an event next door and that really cheered me up because I was feeling sorry for myself a little since TR wasn't there to enjoy it with me. Then one of my teammates broke out the cigars and I started to really relax and enjoy myself. Then there was an after party at one of my teammates' apartments and I couldn't get out of there until two in the morning. By the end of the night, I would say that I had a good time and enjoyed talking to the friends I had made on the team over this school year. I really can't wait to do some training this summer and be ready to hit the ground running come the fall season.
My parents came this morning to take most of my stuff from my dorm so when my sister picks me up we can just throw the rest in the car. Now my room looks barren and more like a dorm than the little niche my roommate and I turned it into.
After my parents took me out for lunch and said their goodbyes, I gave TR a call. We had to have talked for 5 hours total (I had to go get food and he had to get run some errands). It was one of those "big" conversations you have in a relationship that really digs deep into your emotions and moves your heart closer to that person. We talked about a whole range of things and even though I have to start my essay later than I planned, I wouldn't give that conversation up for anything.
Mostly we talk about our days and how they went, recent articles we read, then tease one another about stupid things, and just goof around. But now and again we have a real conversation, one that you would normally have face to face, snuggled up against one another, and feeling totally safe and secure to open your heart. Those are the ones I cherish the most and what make this relationship so so so special and different than anything I have ever experienced.
I cannot wait to see him in the next few weeks and I seriously have a countdown going for the time until I see him.
Now I really need to start my policy memo on the pirate situation that is due tomorrow. And I am going to write it and pass it in while wearing my new Navy Seal t-shirt. Maybe I'll get bonus points for it, who knows!
Ciao!

0 comments:
Post a Comment