Coffee Coolatta for a Good Cause

Thursday, April 30, 2009

After sleeping in today, I went headed out to observe a court case for my journalism class. Before I met up with my friend, I went by the journalism department (my major) and asked for the forms that I have to fill out if I want to get credit for my summer internship. Turns out I have to pay $150 per credit and a $45 initial fee. Huh? For some reason I keep on forgetting that I have to pay for these imaginary credits that allow me to graduate. Haha, silly me :/

So my friend and I took the 20-30 minute bus ride to the courthouse, only to find out that they were out on lunch break and there wasn't really anything else that day. Great! Our paper is due next Thursday and although I can make it early in the morning when they have the most going on, she can't come till the afternoon. So I might have to go by myself (not fun!). I would go with her again in the afternoon Tuesday, but I have to meet up with someone at the same time I would have to leave. Dilemma!

After we left the courthouse, my friend and I went to Dunkin' Donuts to sweeten our misery with coffee. I bought her an iced coffee and I got a coffee coolatta. Nummy! While I was waiting for the woman to finish our order, I spied this little contraption. And only $2.99!







It is a slip to keep your beverage hot (?)/ cold and it is in the ACU pattern! Pretty niffty! I checked out the organization on the back, Homes For Our Troops and they are truly amazing. Check out their website to see if there is a house in your state that needs donations!

By some silly happenstance, I don't have any classes tomorrow or independent study! So I'm going to be working on my essays and photo project so I can get them partly done before the busy weekend. Kinda frustrated with my Middle Eastern History teacher because she still hasn't given us all the information we need to write our paper that is due Tuesday. We never got through all of the powerpoints and she said that she will send them to us tomorrow. I am seriously going to be waiting for that e-mail. If I don't get it, I'm going to be wicked pissed. I really can't proceed until I get to look at them. And I don't have enough time to be wasting on her getting them to me.

Just found out from my fencing team that I have to do a fundraiser next week that looks really time consuming. Not fun!!! I want to do it, but seriously, no time!

And I also just got an e-mail from my university telling us that there might be two cases of swine flu near us. Awesome.

Hope this finds you well and the swine flu doesn't. Ciao!

2 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

That ACU coozie is too cute!

The Wanderer said...

I love it! I can't wait to get another coffee so I can flaunt it, haha!

 
Two Worlds Turned Upside Down - by Templates para novo blogger