Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Yep!! They e-mailed me Friday and congratulated me on my acceptance into the program. I am really psyched that I got in and have the opportunity to work so close to politics. The access I will have will be incredible. So excited!!
This weekend I slept in a lot to recover from three straight nights of work. But heck, I was earning money so I'm not complaining too much.
Today was soooo hot and disgusting. Walking around campus with a laptop, three notebooks, a water bottle, and all other miscellaneous items in a backpack did not help things. But I was able to escape the heat for a few moments when I had to travel through an underground tunnel from one building to another. I had heard about it before, but never had to use it. It was pretty chilly down there, but definitely a walk I'd take again if it gets back up in the 90s.
I was looking for this department that offers Pashto, the Afghan language, because I want to sign up for it in the fall. As I was telling the woman at the counter what language I was interested in, one of the workers in the office turned around from his computer to look at me. Haha! I guess they don't get that request a lot.
I have an interview tomorrow morning with a veteran who created a group on campus that brings other veterans together to talk and find resources for opportunities offered to them. I've been trying to get a hold of him for about a week now and just relieved to finally move on with this article.
Since I decided to stick with the internship, I'm trying to look for part-time work so that I can have some money this summer to spend. I e-mailed the local USO to see if they have any positions available and the woman who wrote back asked for my resume, so I am really crossing my fingers that I'll get it.
I also finally booked my plane ticket to see TR in the coming weeks. Pumped!! I haven't seen him since January 11th (wow, that really is a long time ago...) and we are both really excited to hang out for a week before I start my internship. It'll be fun to be "domestic" and get to know one another more.
And as a closing thought, here is a photo I took today of someone's car bumper. It made me smile for it's take on the peace sign and the simplicity of the idea. Love it!

0 comments:
Post a Comment