Friday, April 24, 2009
the silly article by Tom Ricks titled "Why We Should Get Rid of West Point," now's a good time to do so because of the AMAZING response by West Point Cadet Tianyi Xin.
When I first came upon this article on Black Five, I could only imagine TR's reaction to it. A West Point grad himself, TR and I love the fact that he received a "community college education" at the most elite Army Academy in the United States. Yeah, nice parallel Tom Ricks.
Needless to say, the response by Tianyi Xin is well thought out and eloquently says "you have no idea what you are talking about, so shut your yapper." The last line in her response is by far the best I have seen in a long time. BURN! She is someone the world will be watching in a few years, I can tell you that.
Definitely a good read, especially if you know someone who graduated from West Point.
I'm going to bed. I have to interview a Major tomorrow for my veteran article and I'm wicked tired. I didn't get out of work until 12:35 am this morning.... Night!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment