Tuesday, April 21, 2009
So after my classes today, I went to talk to this Major that is at the Army ROTC on campus to ask him for an interview for my article. I hadn't heard back from him in a while and wanted to meet him in person so that we could sit down and talk about setting one up. He was a really nice guy and gave me some information on the G.I. Bill and a source who looks like he will be able to help me a lot with my Veteran article. The interview with the Major will be at the end of the week and before then I have to send him my questions so that they can look them over. It's to be expected of the Army. But I'm really excited about giving the interview and learning more about what Veterans are doing to get back into school and how they are adjusting to their new role as a student.
TR also sent me an e-mail with a bunch of links to summer internships for next year with the government and one of them looks really interesting. They pay for my housing and travel and I get to work with people in the field. Exciting!
Right after the first e-mail, he sent me another one for a vacancy that closes tomorrow! Great timing, honey. He then proceeds to call me and pressures me into applying. So now I have to scramble around campus tomorrow to see if I can get my transcript asap (don't know if that will happen...). It's a nice paying job for the summer, not in my field of interest, but still a foot in the door. I'm still hoping to get the job where TR is now and waiting to see what the people for this summer's internship have to say about my interview.
Oh! I bought that SEAL t-shirt that I said I was going to buy in my last post. It should be at my house in about 3 days. Wicked psyched!! I had TR look at some of their other shirts and I might get him one in the future.
I also FINALLY got my fencing team jacket today! Hallelujah! We had to send them back because they didn't outline the lettering on the back of the jacket, the same mistake they supposedly made last year. Very frustrating! But I have it now with my name spelled correctly, so I am all set. It's just too bad that I am getting it at the end of the season because I really would have liked to have worn it in some of my past tournaments. Oh well. Just going to have to wait till next semester I guess.

0 comments:
Post a Comment